Responsible for assisting the Manager of Technology & Operations by coordinating the operations and overseeing post production, media management and satellite desk departments.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Collaborate with News team to provide technical and production support for ENG newsgathering and field productions
- Coordinate efforts of satellite desk team in the booking, tracking and billing of fiber connectivity, sat space, remote DTLs and remote studios
- Manage all broadcast equipment, oversee tracking, asset management, shipping and delivery of equipment, monitor and ensure proper operation of equipment
- Research, recommend and order production equipment
- Develop and implement workflows, standard operating procedures and contingency plans
- Actively engage in planning, site survey and technical implementations of news events.
- Coordinate full time staff and freelancer work schedules, manage PTO requests and oversee department schedules to ensure facility coverage
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in live studio and field television production
- Have a firm understanding of broadcast technical standards
- Knowledge of bonded cellular systems
- Familiarity with BGAN operation
- Fluent English speaker and able to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Able to deal with competing demands and remain calm under pressure
- Knowledge of ScheduALL and ServiceNow desired
- Knowledge of Server production systems
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to work in a stressful and fast paced News environment
- Able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Able to work in a 24/7 shift base environment
- Able to multi-task
- Must be organized and punctual
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a technical capacity
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience working within a technical or file based broadcast environment
^ Please note: When applying please use, Google Chrome, FireFox, or Safari browsers. Users may experience issues with Internet Explorer.
DIVERSITY INCLUSION + CUSTOMER SERVICE STATEMENT
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is dedicated to providing superior customer service and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.