The Senior IT Networking Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of LAN, WAN and WLAN networks and Network services.
The prospective candidate will be required to analyze the complex broadcast network IT needs and then support those needs through design, implementation and L3 support of the network infrastructure. Responsibilities also include configuration, L3 troubleshooting of network and security hardware switches, routers, IP Telephony, video conferencing, firewalls, VPNs and intrusion detection systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, develop, implement, and L3 support Networking solutions (Structured Cabling, LAN/WAN, Telephony, Firewalls, IPS, Video Conferencing) for a large multi-location network infrastructure.
- Responsible for multiple network technologies, project implementation, network L3 support, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, change management and SLA maintenance for an enterprise network.
- Responsible for operational escalation and execution to ensure network systems are operational and available to local and global users to meet or exceed established SLO/SLAs.
- Develop and manage various projects to enhance and expand the network, detailed design, project planning, implementation, detailed documentation and cross training of peers.
- Investigate, analyze and resolve L3 network-related problems; resolve compatibility problems across the network; troubleshoot network failures, router problems and telecommunications problems; recommend and implement changes and improvements.
- Experience in enterprise level routing and switching and network design.
- Provide L3 support of networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, and applications.
- Software, and configurations.
- Respond, isolate, and resolve L3 network issues.
- Assess and document current site network configurations.
- Provide recommendations on end of life equipment and/or upgrades to all data network equipment on the data network.
- Align network capacity and design with business requirements.
- Inform management of critical issues that may affect clients or the infrastructure and provide recommendations for mitigation.
- Works with network product vendors and Enterprise Architect in the design and evaluation of data network products and technology.
- Prepare, schedule, and present Annual Network Assessments.
- Evaluate all network hardware and operating systems as needed to ensure they meet industry standards.
- Maintain required documentation for all data network activities.
- Prepare user manuals and procedures defining system requirements, and review documentation to ensure that system requirements are met.
- Report on the status of assigned projects.
- Assist in preparing budget plans and forecasting network and security budgets.
- Participates in initial plans for assigned tasks to review.
- Prepare troubleshooting procedure for restoring the network to optimal performance levels.
- Responsible for core network architecture and design.
- Specify network hardware (routers, switches, load balancer, firewall, security appliances)
- Install and configure network solution.
- Ownership of designs throughout its lifecycle (Design, test, build and production).
- Lead proof of concept testing in solutions & infrastructure network designs.
- Develop solutions to address a variety of business problems.
- Validate designs prepared by third parties.
- Provide all the required documentation, system diagrams, provisioning and troubleshooting guides.
- Support the development of network improvements and drives continual improvement programs.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have extensive experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Routing and Switching experience, highly knowledgeable with ISE, Multicast, QOS, VLANS, Spanning Tree, Solar winds, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS; Internet/Enterprise advanced services - TCP /IP, DNS, SMTP, SSL, VPN, Internet DMZ infrastructure. Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4000, 3750-stack, 3500, 2900.
- Cisco routers, switches, and terminal servers; the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and the ability to identify technical issues/problems are required.
- Configuration, troubleshooting and Support of large enterprise network environments.
- Disaster Recovery processes and techniques.
- IT Security experience - working knowledge of FWs, IDS and IPS.
- IP Telephony and video conferencing experience.
- Network design and troubleshooting; Internet infrastructure, Local area Network, Wide Area Networks.
- Working knowledge of structured cabling systems, network facilities, electrical, UPS, etc.
- In-depth experience and talent in using packet/protocol analyzers, TCP dump to find and remedy application and network performance issues
- Unified Communications (softphones, telepresence, web conferencing, unified messaging, IVR, Contact Center).
- Demonstrated, advanced knowledge and experience with:
- Disaster Recovery programs and best practices
- Leveraging cloud technologies to advance DR capabilities
- Experience working in an Active/Active data center environment supporting critical systems
- Ability to work alone as an individual contributor, as a technical lead (when required) and as a participant in a team environment.
- Providing implementation services relative to the specifications, installation, configuration, administration, testing, training and support of high availability network infrastructure.
- Designing IP scheme, network diagram, Ether-Channel (Bonding) for multi-server environments.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks.
- Maintenance and problem resolution, operating system patches and software upgrades, and routine hardware configuration.
- Responds to emergency situations as needed for the purpose of resolving immediate concerns
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or related field
- ITIL Foundation
- Cisco Certifications (CCNP/CCND)
- 7+ Years of experience in IT domain
- 5+ Years of experience in Networking
Use the link at the bottom of this page to apply. Please use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (users may experience issues with Internet Explorer).
Diversity Inclusion & Customer Service Statement
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way.
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is dedicated to providing superior customer service and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.