Responsible for managing and coordinating the booking of satellite, fiber and Bgan facilities for live on-air production using a professional scheduling system. Also responsible for coordinating with relevant internal and external parties to ensure the smooth incoming of news feeds.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaise with Facilities Planning to ensure that planned coverage is effectively executed but also for creation of resources & amendment of costs
- Receive satellite booking requests from News editors, Interview and Program producers & coordinating with field crew & bureaus to ease flow of incoming news footage
- Coordinate availability with 3rd Party providers and negotiate costs & feedback to News desk
- Log all transmissions (Live, pre rec, Bgan, tape, Dejero) in ScheduAll, entering onsite coordination information, technical specifications and costs
- Maintain accurate records in ScheduAll booking system as our main booking asset
- Communicate with other BC satellite desk to optimize usage of resources
- Communicate with Newsdesk, MCR, Ingest on any transmission changes & cost update.
- Troubleshoot in case of extension, cancellation, transmission failure
- Create resources and amend costs in ScheduAll
- Work closely with department coordinators to achieve efficiency in mission planning and tasks.
- Work within company framework and follow procedures for expenses
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- Thorough understanding of satellite / fiber optic network / IP Network worldwide to make decision on the best route possible
- Thorough knowledge of the media industry to be able to deploy SNG and ENG crews & book broadcast facilities worldwide as and when needed
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Must be able to multitask
- In depth knowledge of broadcast standards including HD 1080i, SDI, AES/EBU, MPEG, PAL 625, NTSC
- In depth knowledge of international news and current affairs
- Occasional secondment to news output or deployment projects
- Must be able to travel with immediate notice on regional deployment
- Knowledge in international fiber / satellite/ IP Networks / International Media Providers
- Knowledge of Excel, Word and general accounting practices
- Knowledge of broadcast standards in 24hr news broadcasting industry
Education & Experience
- Minimum 4 years experience in International broadcast bookings role
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Use the link at the bottom of this page to apply. Please use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (users may experience issues with Internet Explorer).
Diversity Inclusion & Customer Service Statement
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way.
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is dedicated to providing superior customer service and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.