On a freelance or project-basis, provide technical and AV (audio visual) support for executive meetings and events.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set-up, test, operate and strike AV equipment in event spaces, including varying types of microphones and sound amplification systems, data/video displays and projection systems, AV device control systems, videoconferencing equipment, computer control systems, video switching, professional audio and video recording systems and video streaming
- Set up and operate professional portable broadcast cameras for recording and video conferencing
- Set up PowerPoint presentations, connecting laptop and desktop computers with display interfaces to portable and data projectors; able to correctly size and adjust a data image on-screen
- Set up audio systems consisting of microphones, mixer, amplifier, and speakers and adjust system for good speech level with no feedback
- Interface with client and client staff; work closely with clients to ensure their needs are met and offer creative solutions for each project
- Ensure a quality meeting/event for internal and external audiences
- Troubleshoot technical issues throughout event
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- Customer service orientation; Professional presence and superior client relationship skills
- Perform and troubleshoot well under pressure
- Energy, enthusiasm, initiative, and strong independent work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Command of modern audio visual, digital video production and streaming video equipment and processes
- Knowledge of IT and streaming video, including compression, conversions and codecs
- Proficiency with various OS (WIN, MAC, Linux)
- Proficiency with encoding software, HTML, XML and web publishing and streaming technologies
- Solid experience with microphone systems, digital audio consoles, Polycom and Cisco videoconferencing equipment, video systems (routers, switchers, DDR, etc.), lighting equipment, computers, device control systems
- Familiarity with computer networks (LANs, net connections, IP, Dante, etc.)
- High level of problem solving skills and the ability to recommend and implement alternative set-up and/or operations for systems
- Ability to work effectively with senior management, corporate executives and technical colleagues in a corporate environment
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Master's degree in IT, Communications, Video/Film Production or related field is preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in the IT, corporate communications or television production industries
- InfoComm CTS certification or AV Technologist Certificate preferred
Use the link at the bottom of this page to apply. Please use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (users may experience issues with Internet Explorer).
Diversity Inclusion & Customer Service Statement
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way.
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is dedicated to providing superior customer service and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.