As the Immersive Experience Technical Director, you will maintain and advance volumetric video generation tools and techniques for immersive media content. Through the programming of new tools and plug-ins, the incumbent must ensure our volumetric video is efficient and up to date with new production challenges to enable our artists to be creative and deliver stunning imagery. The Immersive Experience TD also provides immersive content technical support as well as identifying and improving Volumetric Video creation solutions and workflow, software and tools.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up and calibrate the Volumetric Capture system.
- Work with clients, internal and external, to spec and deliver capture solutions.
- Provide volumetric capture services for all of our immersive content and VR projects.
- Oversee immersive video shoots – real-time and post-solving using our volumetric capture system.
- Clean content from our volumetric-capture system and targeting it onto a variety of different projects in production.
- Ensure all data & reference material is stored neatly, following the file structures in place.
- Capture, solve, clean & reformat volumetric content ready for use in all stages of production, from early previsualization and layout, through to final shots to be used in interactive and non-interactive content.
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with photogrammetry software for camera calibration is a big plus
- Ability to scale goals and complexity depending on the time and resources available for each project.
- Easy to work with, this being: positive attitude, team-centered personality (as opposed as ego-centered), open mind to overcome setbacks, excited about solving problems that will create higher standards in volumetric video.
- Spoken English and good communication skills
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Desire and ability to work in a dynamic, ambiguous and changing engineering environment.
- Discipline, strong sense of responsibility, attention to details
Education & Experience
- Basic knowledge of C/C++ programming language
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Animation, Arts and/or equivalent degree
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in the following:
- Advanced knowledge of Python programming
Use the link at the bottom of this page to apply. Please use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (users may experience issues with Internet Explorer).
Diversity Inclusion & Customer Service Statement
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way.
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is dedicated to providing superior customer service and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.