Craft raw or pre-recorded material (video, Audio and graphics) into a finished product suitable for broadcast within new bulletins or news programs (current affairs). Serve as central point-of-contact between Editing and Newsroom.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Edit a variety of news items for broadcast
- Shift-leading teams of News editors
- Liaise with Newsroom and PCR staff
- Quality check all News bulletin content
- Mentor less skilled news editors
- Ensure all items make their allocated TX deadlines, whether for news or current affairs
- Possess the ability to listen and effectively communicate ideas
- Possess the ability to work independently and to complete work without constant guidance from producers, journalists or other editors
- Must have a sound knowledge of broadcast technology to include matrix & talkback panels, phone recording equipment, voice-over recording equipment, computers and related software and hardware
- Responsible for working calmly and effectively in extremely stressful and critical situations
- Keep up-to-date with world news and current affairs
- Willingness to work long hours when required
- Be punctual, ensuring you turn up prior to a shift starting so you are ready to commence work on time
- Able to work in a 24 hour shift pattern, working days and/or overnights
- Ability to translate video from various formats
- Cover staffing shortages in the field and in other news centers when needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- Fast, adaptable non-linear editing skills
- Excellent sense of pace and timing
- Ability to visualize the written word and express it in pictures and sound to achieve the producer's or journalist’s vision
- Ability to work closely with other team members, journalists and producers
- Skill to edit creative or meaningful sequences while possessing an eye for detail.
- Possess a high level of computer literacy
- Fluent English language skills – written and oral
Education & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Film, Media or Journalism
- 7+ years’ work experience in broadcast television within a non-linear video editing role
Use the link at the bottom of this page to apply. Please use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (users may experience issues with Internet Explorer).
Diversity Inclusion & Customer Service Statement
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way.
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is dedicated to providing superior customer service and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.