We are seeking a senior level project accountant who is responsive, detail-oriented, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and can think strategically with our clients to help build a streamlined billing and reporting process. Not your traditional Accountant, this role can be client-facing and creative solutions-oriented.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare customer invoices according to schedule
- Work proactively with Production & Account Managers to design client billing and tracking process.
- Create customized client financial reporting, including labor reports, spend reports and ad hoc reports according to customer requests.
- Respond to client inquiries for account statements, PO tracking and third party systems processing
- Ensure that submitted information is accurate and in compliance with company accounting standards, and corporate and government requirements
- Develop expertise in all billing issues for assigned group of clients and interface with Operations Manager for full understanding of contractual matters that impact invoicing a particular client and/or contract
- Research/solve billing discrepancies, trace root cause and design preventative measures
- Assist with month-end closing
- Monitor AR aging and work with operations on past due accounts
- Help to maintain relationships with corporate and broadcast clients, and a wide variety of creative and technical talent around the country
- Interface internally with Production Managers, Payroll, HR and other departments as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years’ accounting or finance experience required
- 2+ years’ project management experience preferred
- Excellent understanding of accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll processes
- Strong problem solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and an eye for spotting errors and discrepancies
- Ability to prioritize work. Must have the ability to manage competing demands and deliver within required deadlines
- Expert with MS Excel
- Strong Communication – written and verbal - and customer service skills with the ability
- to move issues through to resolution
- Demonstrated ability to interact with different experience levels of accounting staff and Operations Managers within the company
- Familiarity with various accounting systems, payroll systems and third party billing systems
- Entrepreneurial spirit, a positive and proactive attitude and a willingness to jump in and help
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism and confidentiality
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field required
- 5+ years’ of progressively increasing responsibility in Accounting and Project Management
Use the link at the bottom of this page to apply. Please use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (users may experience issues with Internet Explorer).
Diversity Inclusion & Customer Service Statement
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way.
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is dedicated to providing superior customer service and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.