|In a fast-paced Television Station environment, this candidate will work as a key member of a team with primary responsibilities that include videotape and DVD duplication, basic DVD authoring, video encoding, file transcoding and Avid digitizing. The crucial aspect of this position is the ability to troubleshoot and the knack for the technical side of editing.
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Provide front line support for our editing team
- Creation and encoding of clips for internet use.
- File creation and transcoding
- Digitizing for non-linear editing.
- Review of QC evaluation reports to verify accuracy
- Following work order and client instructions.
- Work closely with staff, crew and Producer(s) to complete video & media projects using AVID software.
- Coordinate all aspects of Editing as needed; interface with client and producer; work closely with clients to ensure their needs are met and offer creative solutions for each project
- Make creative decisions regarding the editing of projects based on written scripts or input from producer, creative director, and/or client, and ensuring quality control and consistency on final project.
- Demonstrate understanding branding & marketing strategies and implementation
- Provide design services in support of video, web and other assigned projects
- Perform editorial functions including rough cuts, graphic design & integration, audio sweetening, color correction and final delivery
- Perform basic troubleshooting and minor engineering of edit suite and media storage system
- Integrate design elements into finished video projects, presentations, web or print materials
- Work closely with internal staff and clients to obtain desired results on video and graphic design projects.
- Work in the most proactive, creative and professional manner to provide the highest level of service to our clients
- Other duties, as assigned
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING TO OUR TEAM:
- Must be proficient with Avid Media Composer, Xendata LTO Archiving, Imagine Selenio Flex File transcode engines and Imagine Selenio Flex Stream encoders.
- Understanding of signal flow, video scopes, equipment operation and duplication principles.
- Understanding of video file types and transcoding
- Working knowledge of MS Windows MS Word and Excel.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
- Candidate must be proactive and a team player
- Proficient in both PC operation; ability to utilize extensive knowledge of production software such as AVID; Also, have some familiarity with After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Must be proficient in Avid Media Composer on ISIS and Interplay.
- Well organized and capable of handling multiple assignments in a television environment.
- Familiar with all types of video production equipment & processes
- Fully capable of accurate time and resource budgeting
- Ability to conform to client-specific design requirements, from conservative to cutting edge
- Sensitivity and tact in dealing with staff/partners/clients at different levels in a very diverse environment. Strong results orientation with a flexible attitude to deliver seamless and timely services to customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- TO APPLY
- http://teampeople.force.com/careers: Please note, when applying candidates should use Google Chrome, FireFox or Safari web browser. Candidate may experience issues with Internet Explorer/Edge.
DIVERSITY INCLUSION + CUSTOMER SERVICE STATEMENT
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is dedicated to providing superior customer service and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.