Provide daily technical support to clients in conference room and event settings. Provide assistance to a team of technicians servicing a global conferencing and broadcast environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up, operate and strike conference room systems including varying types of microphones and sound amplification systems, data/video displays and projection systems, AV device control systems, simultaneous interpretation (SI), videoconferencing equipment, computer control systems, video switching, robotic camera systems, professional audio and video recording systems and video streaming
- Verify, test, troubleshoot and monitor videoconference connections prior to and during meetings
- Ability to set up PowerPoint presentations, connect laptop and desktop computers with display interfaces to portable and data projectors; able to correctly size and adjust a data image on-screen
- Ability to set up standard audio systems consisting of microphones, mixer, amplifier, and speakers and adjust system for good speech level with no feedback
- Ability to set up, playback and record from a variety of video and audio sources
- Understand signal flow and be able to provide basic troubleshooting for audiovisual equipment
- Report system anomalies, equipment problems, customer relations issues or any other daily event concerns that arise
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- Good knowledge of current AV & VC industry practices, standards and procedures
- Experience with microphone systems, digital audio consoles, Polycom and Cisco videoconferencing equipment, SI equipment, video systems, lighting equipment, computers, device control systems, digital signal processors, video matrix switchers, video scalers, PC interfaces and digital video recorders
- Close interaction and coordination with meeting participants, event organizers and event coordinators; providing technical and instructional advice to clients and end-users on the proper operation of conferencing equipment
- Skilled with hand and power tools
- Solid work ethic; interest and enthusiasm for growing skills in the media industry
- Additional production skills such as audio recording, camera operation, editing, or field experience are desirable
- Willingness to be cross trained in multiple positions with a proactive attitude to jump in where help is needed
- Ability to thrive in a multicultural and multilingual environment
- Ability to read, speak and effectively communicate in English; Bilingual in other languages preferred
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Audio/Electronic Engineering or related field preferred; or Technical school training with electronics training and related experience
- InfoComm CTS certification preferred
- 3+ years of experience with the setup, operation and troubleshooting of conference rooms, auditoriums, theater, hotels and/or broadcast environment
- The duties of this position require the ability to bend, kneel, crawl, climb ladders and to stand for long periods of time
- Candidate must be capable of working at heights and have good balance
- Candidate may be required to lift heavy equipment up to 50 pounds
- Adverse conditions may include noise and dust
Use the link at the bottom of this page to apply. Please use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (users may experience issues with Internet Explorer).
Diversity Inclusion & Customer Service Statement
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way.
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is dedicated to providing superior customer service and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.