Work with AV Engineering Group to perform system administration duties for the AV IT infrastructure used in a large scale audiovisual and event production facility; a Cisco-based network that handles audio and video transport for 46 conference rooms, multiple AV/Broadcast control rooms, meeting halls and other large venues.
Work with client’s Network Operations Team to monitor network performance, install and test network upgrades, manage network security, and maintain addressing schemes. Identify sources of IT problems that affect AV system performance and provide technical expertise to resolve problems, including equipment interface, network latency, network addressing, and signal flow problems.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Performs system administration duties for the AV/IT infrastructure used in a large-scale audiovisual and event production facility. The CISCO-based network handles audio and video transport for eight AV/Broadcast control rooms, 23 event venues (conference rooms, meeting halls, etc.), and the facility AV data center. Monitors appliance, workstation, application performance, installs and tests application and workstation upgrades, manages information security policies compliance, and develops/maintains IP addressing schemes for AV appliances. Identifies sources of IT problems that affect AV system performance, including equipment interface, network latency, network addressing, and signal flow problems. and provide technical expertise to resolve problems in coordination with IMF IT department.
- Works closely with the Audiovisual and the IT Departments to ensure that audiovisual systems function correctly. Provides technical expertise in the field of audiovisual and videoconference systems, encompassing all related disciplines such as operational system support, troubleshooting, monitoring, performance tuning, and documentation. Analyzes and rectifies network faults relating to audiovisual and IT equipment, networks and systems. Minimizes loss of service by rapidly identifying and implementing alternative methods of service provision.
- Provides system administration for a network-based audio/video asset storage devices (Edit Share). Ensures storage is accessible to all authorized users across the network. Troubleshoots and repairs IT-based hardware, software and network technology systems that provide broadcast and AV service. Works with the in-house IT department on common network interfaces across the enterprise. Assists with IT security to ensure compliance or risk mitigation.
- Installs, repairs, tests and troubleshoots equipment as needed, in order to keep systems functional. Coordinates and manages the repair of equipment with outside service personnel and authorized manufacturer service centers.
- Monitors service level indicators of equipment using both traditional and online tools and provides guidance for those working with the equipment on a daily basis. Evaluates equipment condition and usability and recommends lifecycle replacement. Recommends upgrades to infrastructure, including replacement of systems and equipment to meet service level agreements.
- Manage service level agreements with manufacturer and integration partners.
- Develop operating procedures for maintaining systems and conforming to security policy guidelines. Track AV assets including management of assets in ServiceNow platform.
- Occasionally performs duties outside of regular business hours, evenings and sometimes weekends as maintenance windows and workload demands.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- BSEE desired with a minimum of 5 years related engineering work experience; or ten or more years work experience with a combination of specialized training in the broadcast and IT systems. CTS certification highly desirable.
- Knowledge of state-of-the industry audiovisual and broadcast equipment, tools, standards, and procedures used in first class conference centers. Ability to read schematics and signal flow diagrams.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and Group Policy, Active Directory & enterprise management strategies. Familiarity with RTMP, H.264, Flash, Silverlight and related protocols. Experience configuring multi-cast and unicast protocols. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Proficient in cable termination techniques and standards to include but not limited to coax, UTP, serial, analog audio etc. Understanding of LAN/WAN hardware and software for switches, hubs, routers, bridges, modems, multiplexors, and point-to-point data circuits via copper and fiber for audio and video.
- Desirable certifications include: Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE); Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA); Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, to include the ability to interface directly with customers and resolve complex service problems; good writing and documentation skills; strong computer skills in a Windows environment with standard MS Office applications and the ability to learn other specialized software; and work experience in a multicultural environment.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, manage, evaluate, and schedule work in a busy environment. Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Pass a Minimal Background Investigation/MBI
Customer Service Commitment
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way. TeamPeople is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Customer Service + Diversity Inclusion:
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way.
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is an Equal Opportunity Employer.